CIF international exchange programs
CIF International Exchange Programs are offered in a number of countries. Still more countries are in the process of planning programs. Program structure is similar in all countries but the duration of each program varies from 4 weeks to 13 months. Some programs are free.
CIF Hellas has been organizing an exchange program biannualy
More info »
Tentative program dates / details
Table summary of exchange programs offered by CIF worldwide (pdf/200kb)
A CIF-participant is required to:
- Be professionally qualified and employed as a social worker, youth leader, special educator or other social work related fields.
- Be involved in direct service with clients and have a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Understand and speak English fluently (some programs also require a degree of fluency in the local language).
Expectations and reality
To ensure that the expectations of the participants do not exceed the realities of the country's social work scene and the natural limitations of each program, please consider:
- Participants are required to pay their own travel fares.
- Participants must have full travel insurance coverage including third part liability.
- CIF will not be responsible for living expenses that are not related to participation in the actual program. This means that participants will need money their own expenses such as gifts, personal travel etc., and for all expenses before and after the program.
- Participation is a full time involvement. Participants should not allow family members or friends to visit during the duration of the program. CIF cannot take responsibility for visiting friends or family members.
- Participants are not permitted to work for the duration of the program.
- Language barriers may require that field experience is limited to observation only.
- CIF requires that participants become join their national CIF Branch after they return home.